The procedure for admission is as follows:
- Admission Application Form must be filled online by following the instructions. Click Here for Online Admission Application
- Applications received through post or by hand will not be accepted/entertained.
- The online system assigns a unique Application Reference Number (ARN) to each applicant, which must be noted for later use.
- Due to COVID-19 situation, there will be no admission test for Undergraduate programs. However, applicants of Graduate programs will opt desired center and slot for admission test.
- Applicant will confirm that information entered in the Admission Application Form is correct. In case of incorrect information, the University has all the rights to cancel the application/admission without any fee refund.
- The applicant of Graduate program will print his / her ADMIT CARD bearing the applicant’s TEST ROLL NUMBER. The applicant should then visit the test campus on the specified date
and time as mentioned on the Admit card. Applicant will also bring Rs. 1,000 in cash as test fee.
- Admission of a student automatically stands cancelled if he or she fails in the required exam whose result was not available at the time of admission.
NU Online Admission Test for Graduate programs
Information on various Admission Tests is available on the University’s admission web-site admissions.nu.edu.pk
The online admission test is taken on a computer. The candidate should be familiar with the use of mouse and the keyboard. Each candidate is given a different examination. The sections of a test (English, Analytical skills, Math etc) appear
in a random sequence. Moreover, questions related to different topics also appear before the candidate in a random sequence. In each section, a candidate can move forward and backwards to review the responses selected. The candidate
can change his or her response to any question within the current section.
Each section of the admission test has a fixed duration. Each section is timed independently and time saved in one section is not carried forward to the next sections. At the end of the test, a summary of the results is displayed on screen.
The duration of the Online Admission Test is between two and three hours.
Applicants should reach the test centre on the date and time specified on the admit card. Latecomers will not be allowed to take the test. Applicants should not bring anything to the test centre except their Admit Cards. No applicant will
be allowed to take the test without an endorsed Admit Card. The Admission Test is held at all campuses of the University (Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, and Peshawar).
Click Here for Selection Criteria.
Selected Candidates Announcement
The selected candidates are informed through SMS on their cell phones and also via email. The candidates should check the status of their admission from the University web site admissions.nu.edu.pk or
At the time of admission, foreign nationals must submit a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Ministry of Education, Government of Pakistan.