NUCES - Center for Professional Training
The Center for Professional Training (CPT) seeks to provide both opportunities and resources for continuing professional development which is the sole means of ensuring a successful, meaningful, and productive long-term career in the 21st century.
The Center for Professional Training is committed to offering opportunities for achieving professional excellence primarily through seminars, workshops, and short courses on a wide variety of topics ranging from field-specific, research related topics to soft and other key life skills to create well-rounded professionals.
The fast-paced and constantly evolving world of research and technology of the 21st century informs CPT‘s specific objectives which are outlined below:
- To provide the faculty, staff, and students easily accessible opportunities for professional growth.
- To enable the faculty, staff, and students to keep abreast with the latest trends and development in their respective fields.
- To allow all concerned to develop and refine their technical and research skills
- To enable all concerned to learn the key life skills necessary for a rewarding career.
- To provide all concerned an opportunity to enhance their communication and other soft skills.
- To provide the faculty a platform to share their knowledge, expertise, and experience by conducting workshops, seminars, or short courses.
- To provide opportunities for industrial liaison and collaboration.
- To encourage all concerned to seek professional development.
Functioning of CPT
Committee Chair: Dr. Jawwad A Shamsi (Director)
- Computer Science: Dr. Fahad Samad
- Electrical Engineering: Dr. Burhan Khan
- Management Science: Mr. Zeeshan Khan
- Sciences and Humanities: Ms. Sameera Sultan
Administrative Coordinator: Mr. Ovais Mustafa
All esteemed faculty members are strongly encouraged to propose workshop/seminar/short course topics and also conduct these workshops or seminars for the students, staff, and other interested faculty members. Faculty members are encouraged to coordinate with their departmental coordinators for any proposed activity.