Merit scholarship is awarded to the Top THREE position holders of each Board. This scholarship is for four years of un-interrupted studies with full course load and is equal to the full tuition fee. Continuation of merit scholarship is subject to maintaining semester GPA of 3.0 or higher.
The university awards prize money and a certificate to those students of BBA & BS programs, who are among the top three in their department. Students are selected from each of the four years of every degree program. Only those students are eligible who have undertaken the prescribed full course load and have SGPA of 3.0 or higher.
First Position Rs 25,000
Second Position Rs 17,000
Third Position Rs 8,000
The Higher Education Commission (HEC) provides liberal scholarships to students desirous of studying for the MS and PhD degrees at this university. The scholarship covers tuition fee, monthly stipend and book allowance.
The Sindh Government offersscholarships to students of Karachi campus on need-cum-merit for both under-graduate and graduate studies. The scholarship covers full tuition fee for entire duration of the program, renewable every year. The quota for students from ruralsector is 60%, and the remaining 40% is for the students from urbansector. About 25 new scholarships are offered every year under this scheme.
The Government of Punjab gives 30 scholarships to indigent students having domicile of Punjab. Newly admitted students in any of the four campuses of the university can apply for this scholarship.
The scholarship is for 4-year undergraduate studies, and covers 50% of the tuition fee. The remaining 50% is given by the University as Qarz-e-Hasna.
In addition to the above scholarships there are various community based scholarships offered by various committees and foundations such as, Memon Community Scholarships, Bohra Community Scholarships, INFAQ Foundation scholarships, Agha Khan Foundation Scholarships, etc.