Dr. Rauf Ahmed Shams, PhD
I am, highly interdisciplinary in nature, interested in formulating problems in the domain of complex systems. Currently involve in answering structure, formation, and dynamics of social behaviors in digital world. Interested in understanding the group dynamics, social perception, true/fake news dissemination, and social cognition particularly on social media platforms. I am interested in applying the learnt concepts over the social behavior on virtual platforms particularly the Metaverse. Along with the social cognition, decision and structural dynamics of social groups, Network biology is also my area of interest. My group is working on algorithms to find key genes for a better drug target in precision medicine. I am open in several research areas, you can contact me via email.
– Artificial Intelligence
– Business Analytics
– Social Network Analysis
– Advance Design and Analysis of Algorithm
– Advanced Bioinformatics
PhD in Computer Science
NSF award in 2007 to participate at IPAM, UCLA, USA. Co-PI Project approved on intelligent systems by NRPU 2022 research grant program by HEC.
- Zahid, Sumaiyah, Rauf Ahmed Shams Malick, and Muhammad Rabeet Sagri. “Network Dynamics of COVID-19 Fake and True News Diffusion Networks.” Journal of Information & Knowledge Management (2022): 2240009.
- Munir, Siraj, Rauf Ahmed Shams Malick, Syed Imran Jami, Ghufran Ahmed, Suleman Khan, and Joel JPC Rodrigues. “An integrated approach: using knowledge graph and network analysis for harnessing digital advertisement.” Multimedia Tools and Applications (2022): 1-16.
- Qureshi, Khubaib Ahmed, Rauf Ahmed Shams Malick, Muhammad Sabih, and Hocine Cherifi. “Complex Network and Source Inspired COVID-19 Fake News Classification on Twitter.” IEEE Access 9 (2021): 139636-139656.
- Qureshi, Khubaib Ahmed, Rauf Ahmed Shams Malick, and Muhammad Sabih. “Social Media and Microblogs Credibility: Identification, Theory Driven Framework, and Recommendation.” IEEE Access 9 (2021): 137744-137781.
- Sheikh, Maham Mobin, and Rauf Ahmed Shams Malick. “Community Detection in a Multi-layer Network Over Social Media.” In International Conference on Complex Networks and Their Applications, pp. 124-136. Springer, Cham, 2020.
- Ahmed, Ghufran, Rauf Ahmed Shams Malick, Adnan Akhunzada, Sumaiyah Zahid, Muhammad Rabeet Sagri, and Abdullah Gani. “An approach towards IoT-based predictive service for early detection of diseases in poultry chickens.” Sustainability 13, no. 23 (2021): 13396.
- Ahmed, Ghufran, Danish Mehmood, Khurram Shahzad, and Rauf Ahmed Shams Malick. “An efficient routing protocol for internet of medical things focusing hot spot node problem.” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks 17, no. 2 (2021): 1550147721991706.