Prof. Dr. Zulfiqar Ali Memon , PhD
Zulfiqar A. Memon is Full Professor and Head of Department at the Computer Science Department of the National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences (NUCES-FAST), Karachi, Pakistan. Before this as an Associate Professor at Sukkur IBA University, Sukkur, Pakistan, he worked on building up a Cyber Physical System for Stroke Detection. He co-taught Behavioral and Organizational Dynamics to undergraduate students, as a visiting scholar at the Vrije University, Amsterdam (Behavioural Informatics Group). Zulfiqar received his Ph.D. in Artificial Intelligence from the Vrije University, Amsterdam, and his Masters with Distributed Systems (major) and Bachelor degree from University of Sindh, Jamshoro in Pakistan. He is interested in providing intelligence support to humans in handling: Noncommunicable diseases; Smart Transportations; Assistive devices and softwares. He is also interested, particularly in Interoperability of Heterogeneous IoT Platforms. Zulfiqar is also interested in enhancing the current softwares for e-learning by equipping them with the features of smart multi-agent based voice-enabled AI based virtual assistant. Currently, Zulfiqar is developing a project on Blockchain based auditable framework for Inter-Country Trading. His work has been carried out with several bodies including community groups of all types, local authorities, government departments, health providers, businesses etc. He regularly chairs and presents at conferences and seminars worldwide. Dr. Zulfiqar has been invited by the East-West Center USA at Honolulu as a panel member in 2019 International Symposium on Humane Artificial Intelligence. Zulfiqar has supported researchers and social innovators to develop research, training and development projects to a wider cross section of audiences and contexts.
– Distributed Data Processing
– Data Warehousing and Data Mining
– Database Systems
– Agile Software Development
– Computer Architecture
– Operating Systems
– Object Oriented Programming
PhD (Vrije University) Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1. Professional grant awarded by East-West Center USA, to participate in 2019 International Symposium on Human AI, September 2019
2. Professional grant awarded by University of Tyumen to participate in Multi-disciplinary Research Project Design in Russia, Mar’2019
3. Best Paper Award, 7th International Symposium on Neural Networks, ISNN’10, Japan
4. “Overseas Scholarship” for PhD studies, from Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan, 2006
5. Sindh Government Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies, Sindh, Pakistan, 2005
1. Kumari, S., & Memon, Z. A. Extracting feature requests from online reviews of travel industry. Acta Scientiarum. Technology, 44(1), e58658. 2022.
2. Asad Abbasi, Memon Z. A., Durrani M., et. al, A Multi-layer trust-based middleware framework for handling interoperability issues in heterogeneous IOTs, Cluster Computing: The journal of Networks, Software Tools and Applications, vol. 1 Issue 1, 2021.
3. Kashif Laeeq, Memon Z.A., Scavenge: An Intelligent Multi-Agent based Voice- enabled Virtual Assistant for LMS, Interactive Learning Environments NILE, vol. 29, Issue 6, 2019, pp. 954-972.
4. Yumna Zahid, Hina Khurshid, Memon, Z.A., On Improving Efficiency and Utilization of Last Level Cache in Multicore Systems. Journal of Information Technology and Control, vol. 47, No. 3, 2018, pp. 588-607.
5. Asadullah Laghari, Memon, Z.A., Sadiq Ullah, Intesab Hussain, Cyber Physical System for Stroke Detection. IEEE Access, vol. 6, 2018, pp. 37444-37453.
6. Bosse, T., Duell, R. Memon, Z.A., Treur, J., Wal, C.N. van der, Computational Model-Based Design of Leadership Support Based on Situational Leadership Theory. Simulation: Transactions of the Society for Modeling and Simulation International, vol. 93(7), 2017, pp. 605-617.
7. Bosse, T., Duell, R., Memon, Z.A., Treur, J., and Wal, C.N. van der, Agent-Based Modelling of Emotion Contagion in Groups. Cognitive Computation Journal, vol. 7, Issue 1, 2015, pp. 111-136.
8. Hoogendoorn, M., Klein, M.C.A., Memon, Z.A., Treur, J., Formal Specification and Analysis of Intelligent Agents for Model-Based Medicine Usage Management. Computers in Biology and Medicine, vol. 43, Issue 5, 2013, pp. 444-457.
9. Bosse, T., Memon, Z.A., and Treur, J., A Cognitive and Neural Model for Adaptive Emotion Reading by Mirroring Preparation States and Hebbian Learning. Cognitive Systems Research Journal, vol. 12, Issue. 1, 2012, pp. 39-58.
10. Bosse, T., Hoogendoorn, M., Memon, Z.A., Treur, J., and Umair, M., A Computational Model for Dynamics of Desiring and Feeling. Cognitive Systems Research Journal, vol. 19, 2012, pp. 39-61.
11. Bosse, T., Memon, Z.A., and Treur, J., A Recursive BDI-Agent Model for Theory of Mind and its Applications. Applied Artificial Intelligence Journal, vol. 25, Issue. 1, 2011, pp. 1-44.
12. Bosse, T., Memon, Z.A., Oorburg, R., Treur, J., Umair, M., and Vos, M. de, A Software Environment for an Adaptive Human-Aware Software Agent Supporting Attention-Demanding Tasks. International Journal on Artificial Intelligence Tools, 2011, vol. 20, Issue. 5, 2011, pp. 819-846.
13. Memon, Z.A, Designing human-awareness for ambient agents: A human mindreading perspective. Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments, vol. 2, Issue. 4, 2010, pp. 439-440.
14. Memon, Z.A., and Treur, J., On the Reciprocal Interaction Between Believing and Feeling: an Adaptive Agent Modelling Perspective. Cognitive Neurodynamics Journal, vol. 4, Issue. 4, 2010, pp. 377-394.
15. Kashif Laeeq, Zulfiqar A. Memon, An Integrated Model to Enhance Virtual Learning Environments with Current Social Networking Perspective, International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning, vol. 13, No. 9, 2018. 252-268.
16. Ubaidullah alias Kashif¸ Zulfiqar A. Memon, et. al, Architectural Design of Trusted Platform for IaaS Cloud Computing, International Journal of Cloud Applications and Computing (IJCAC), vol. 8, issue 2, 2018. pp. 47-65.
17. Kashif Laeeq, Zulfiqar A. Memon, Jamshed Memon, The SNS-based e-learning model to provide smart solution for e-learning, International Journal of Educational Research and Innovation (IJERI), vol. 10, 2018. pp. 141-152.
18. Fahad Samad, Asad Abbasi, Zulfiqar A. Memon, et. al, The Future of Internet: IPv6 Fulfilling the Routing Needs in Internet of Things, International Journal of Future Generation Communication and Networking (IJFGCN), vol. 11, Issue 1, 2018, pp. 13-22.